The 8 STEPS OF ADMISSIONS
Note: Re-enrolling families begin with Step #5
1. TOUR - We encourage prospective families to visit the school and tour our classrooms and campus. Bring your questions and children and meet the farm animals that call Primrose Hill home! Contact Jordan Walker or call (845) 876-1226 to schedule a tour.
2. APPLY - Applications are available on-line through TADS. There is a $75 application fee. As with all of the costs and fees associated with admissions, please contact us if the fee is prohibitive. Here is our statement about making the education we offer at Primrose Hill School financially accessible to all.
3. INTERVIEW – Once we have received your complete application we will be in touch to schedule an interview with the teacher, you and your child. In the grade school, a two or three day classroom visit is requested in addition to the interview.
4. ACCEPTANCE – Acceptance is based on Primrose Hill School's ability to meet your child's needs as determined through the application and interview process as well as the availability of openings. A letter of acceptance also includes a request for medical records, emergency contacts, pick up release forms, and other supporting documents. The letter of acceptance includes a link to enroll your child on TADS. A deposit is due at the time of enrolling.
5. REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS ALREADY ENROLLED – Every current family will receive a letter inviting them to re-enroll by the deadline of March 20th. A $500 non-refundable deposit holds your child's place in the class and is applied to the annual tuition fee.
6. COMMUNITY SUPPORTED EDUCATION – Once your child is enrolled, you will receive a Community Supported Education (CSE) form. All families sit down to speak confidentially with members of the CSE committee about what a family is able to contribute (financially and otherwise) to our learning community. This conversation results in a mutually designed contract including your family's financial contribution.
7. TUITION CONTRACT – Your contract for the year is sent to you to read over and approve via TADS. Payment plans are available.
8. WELCOME LETTER FROM THE TEACHER – Your child’s new teacher will be in touch with everything you need to know for the first day of school!
Primrose Hill School is committed to nurturing diversity and welcomes children of any color, race or gender as well as all ethnic, cultural, social, religious and spiritual backgrounds.
PRIMROSE HILL SCHOOL ADMISSIONS CALENDAR 2017–18
Throughout the year there are a wide variety of opportunities to learn more about Primrose Hill School and Waldorf Education. Families are invited to join us for admissions events, meet current parents, ask questions and tour the campus. Children are welcome.
Please register with Jordan Walker: email@example.com, (845) 876-1226.
COFFEE AND GUIDED TOUR
9am – 10:30am
First Thursday of the month
October 5, November 4, December 7, February 1, March 1, April 3, May 3
Prospective families are welcome to join us at 9am for coffee and conversation with current parents. At 9:30am we’ll take a tour of the classrooms and visit the animals.
11am — 1pm
Saturday, October 14, January 20, March 17
Experience the early childhood and grade school classrooms, meet current parents and teachers, and say hello to the animals who call our farm campus home.
JOURNEY THROUGH THE WALDORF GRADE SCHOOL
5:30pm — 7pm
Wednesday, October 25 and April 11
Hear from class and subject teachers as they describe the wisdom of the Waldorf curriculum. Primrose Hill School Early Childhood and new families are especially encouraged to attend. Childcare with pizza provided ($15 suggested contribution)
School Festivals and outside events open to the community
09/16/17 – 12pm – 6pm – PHS at the Arlington Street Festival
09/22/17 – 9am – 12pm – International Day of Peace Celebration
09/24/17 – 12pm – 6pm – PHS table at Porchfest, block party in Rhinebeck
09/29/17 – 9:15am – 10:15am – Michaelmas Festival
10/21/17 – PHS at The Sheep and Wool Festival
11/21/17 – 9:30am – 11pm – Grandparent’s Day
12/01/17 – 6pm – Community Advent Spiral
12/02/17 – PHS at Sinterklaas
04/20/18 – World Peace & Earth Day – time TBD
05/05/18 – 5th Annual Spring Faire
ADDITIONAL EVENTS FOR PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES
Primrose Hill has a full calendar of Community Education events. Please subscribe to our newsletter in order to hear about upcoming opportunities.